Tuesday, August 25, 2009

VIP Public Toilet

VIP Public Toilet: "I went to Sabah for the weekend (that's in East Malaysia for those of you who don't know), and it was bloody awesome. Here's a little story from my trip I would like to share with you.

This may be slightly weird to those who are non-Malaysians, but shopping malls in some areas here actually charge people to use the public toilets. Yup, the rate is about 30 sen (Malaysian currency). They're usually not any better than your average Malaysian public toilet- which stinks of urine with dodgy-looking litter in conspicuous areas.

Anyway, we were walking in a shopping mall in Sabah, when my Aussie friend and hygiene-freak of a sister needed to go to a restroom. They were well-aware of the notoriously grimy state of most Malaysian public toilets and looked for one warily. Then, we saw this sign:




'Platinum Club' VIP Public toilets. The rate? RM 1.00 per entry.

Now to some people (me), this may sound like a complete rip-off. The idea that I have to pay to use the toilet already sounds crazy to me. To top it off, they want to charge me a 'premium' price? But to my friend and sister, this looked like a highly promising offer.

Fifteen minutes later, they emerged glowing with satisfaction. Not only was it free of dodgy litter, it smelt good. And Justin Timberlake was playing on the speakers. Kudos to the person who came up with this brilliant idea!
"- from my daughter's blog.

No comments: