Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My one year blogiversary! (My daughter's Blog)

My one year blogiversary!: "
This month marks my one year blogiversary so i decided to share with you readers a little bit more about myself. Enjoy :)

How did Marketing Madness come about?

I was a final year marketing student from the University of Melbourne when I decided to stay in Melbourne and secure a full-time job. The fact that I was an international student without permanent residency meant that no major company was willing to take me on. Even smaller firms were reluctant to consider me although I was planning to apply for permanent residency as soon as I graduated. Two weeks into job hunting and no callbacks, I knew I had to do something. Marketing Madness was born.

What's so great about blogging?

Once I had it up and running, I started to realise how much I actually like blogging. Here are two main reasons why I think blogging is good for the soul:

Knowledge is power- Before I started this blog, I had no idea what social media was and I knew zilch about current trends in the marketing industry. Starting this blog made me reach out and learn new things. Decent memorising and analytical skills with little bit of bullshitting takes you a long way in university, but that's not always the case in real life (although it might be if you're a consultant). So do yourself a favour and get enlightened.

Networking- Blogging and twittering (or tweeting?) has helped me connect with people from all walks of life and not just from the marketing industry. It's amazing what you can learn from others. There are so many sources of inspiration, ideas and creativity you can leverage from that are just waiting to be discovered. Join communities, initiate discussions and maybe even start something yourself. You might soon be an addict.

Within a week of advertising my blog in my resume, I received one job offer and two invites for interviews. I decided to pursue a different route, but this just goes to show that blogging is an awesome way to put yourself out there and get noticed by the right people.

Don't let the critics break your stride

If you're doing something you love and getting recognised for it, there will be critics. And no, I'm not talking about people who actually read your blog and offer constructive criticism. I'm talking about annoying bubble bursters who are a complete waste of oxygen. Blogging is something I enjoy doing. I love sharing my opinions, ideas or just new things I discover. So, as long as I see value in it, I will continue to do so.

Thank you my readers for sticking around. You rockkk!
"

No comments: